N4IXT

Default Paint Pressure Treated Wood?

Hi All,

I have a question. Recently I bought a metal frame / axel that serves as the
base for a trailer. All I have to do is put on a floor and sides.

I plan to use plywood for the floor and sides, with 2x4's for bracing the
sides and corners. I plan to paint everything, top and bottom prior to
bolting it to the trailer. When not in use the trailer will sit outside. No
room in the carport .

My question: Since I plan on painting, do I need to go to the extra expense
of purchasing pressure treated lumber, or will standard lumber hold up fine
since it will be painted?

I'd appreciate any suggestions, especially from those who have done
something similar.

Thanks!

Robert / N4IXT