Ken Moon

"George" wrote in message

"Ken Moon" wrote in message
ink.net...
Check out the older automotive wrecking yards in your area. One of the
old
York style (60's-70's) auto air conditioner V-twin compressors will make
good vacuum system. (Later ones will probably do OK, but I haven't seen

one
of those) Make a bracket to mount it on a piece of plywood, along with a

1/4
HP 1750 RPM electric motor to turn it just above idle speed for the car
it
came from. Some vacuum line and parts from your local auto parts place
and

some skate board bearings to make your rotary connector, and you're ready
for vacuum chucking. Doesn't have to be expensive at all.

For those contemplating salvage systems, remember that Freon was its own
lubricant, so you'll have to provide some or seize the system. Hopefully
not while you've got something hanging up there that could smack you.

George,
The older York compresors had an oil sump. The oil has a look similar to
hydraulic fluid. I saw a demo of one that had been in use for several years
with no lubricant problems.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.