Gunner

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 19:54:39 GMT,
(James Lerch) wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:58:36 GMT, SomeBody
wrote:

Hey,

I've been quite busy lately with my latest project, building myself a
diesel generator set.

I bought myself a ChangFa 22hp single cyl diesel engine and an ST-10 10Kw
genhead. I live in hurricane alley (Florida) and the last season, I went
without power, twice, a week each time, no more of that crap. It so much a

Must be a small world

I just purchased one of the ChangFa engines and 15KW generator heads
off Ebay, it is on its way to Tampa, FL as I type..

Couple Questions.

#1 Where abouts in Florida Are you? I'm in the Tampa bay area

#2 Where did you get the direct drive engine coupling? Mine only has
the pulley attachment, so I was thinking on machining a shaft onto the
pulley to direct drive the generator with a Lovejoy coupling, as well
as add a belt driven air compressor (the whole thing will end up on a
trailer)

#3 When you started the diesel, exactly how noisey was the beast? Did
it vibrate badly?

Give me the shaft diameters. Ive got a ****load of lovejoy couplers in
a pile in the back yard. Rusty..but all new.

Gunner

Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)

Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge

for torturing the cat." Gunner