Ted Edwards

Rich Grise wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 01:02:19 +0000, Martin Whybrow wrote:
In the ongoing saga of repairing the Elliot Sturdimill, I have found that 2
of the wedges that clamp the table swivel need replacing.
EN1A (freecutting) steel and silver steel, but I guess EN1A would be too
soft and would burr up or bend in use; the silver steel seems slightly OTT

Order up some drill rod and grind them? Get something that you can
harden?

Note that what the Brits call silver steel and North Americans call
drill rod is about the same hardenable steel. It's what I would use,
machine, harden with an oil quench and temper at the border between
brown and blue.

Ted