Eric R Snow

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:33:44 -0400, JohnM wrote:

Art wrote:
Hello.
I bought a used arc welder today which included a box with assorted
stuff. One of the things in the box was Victor O/A torch with cutting
head and regulators.

I'd like to get it running but am wondering how safe it would be. Do
I need to get it checked out by a service center first, or will any
problems be immediately detectable (and I dont mean a firey death)
when they are hooked up?
TIA !

Hook 'er up, see how things go. You might check the o-rings between the
head and body, sometimes they go bad.. other than that, if there's a
problem you'll notice it and be able to decide if you want someone to
repair it or if you'll just live with it.

John

A visual inspection first to see if any o-rings are cracked or
missing. Make sure no oil or grease is present. Especially the oxygen
side. If everything looks OK screw to the cylinders. Open valves
S-L-O-W-L-Y. Check for leaks with soapy water. DON'T stand in front of
the regulators when opening the valves. If the reg fails on the oxygen
tank it could fly apart straight at you. After all that checks out set
the regs and try the torch.
ERS