SteveB

"footy" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
6010 ... The welds are pretty, but not that sound, as the fusion is
interrupted by the heating/cooling cycle.

Gee, they seem sound enough to me. Last time I did a tensile test on 1"
plate welded with 6010 the two specimens failed in the base metal.

You did one inch plate with 6010 in a "stack of dimes" manner? How the heck
big was the rod you used? Your porosity and slag inclusion rate must have
been astronomical on such a multipass uneven deposition weld. But, hey, it
passed tensile test. Must have been one ugleeee weld. Or did you cover up
all the slag and porosity with some 7018?

X ray it now and get back to me.

Ever wonder why they give you 6010 for your first six weeks at welding
school?

Steve