PDQ

"Wood Butcher" wrote in message =
| I used copper pipe for balusters on my deck and, as many have
| noted, I put the short spaces next to the posts. They eye never
| notices the difference. I can post some pics if you want.
|=20
| Art
|=20
| "Zimmer" wrote in message
| ups.com...
| I'm constructing a deck railing with 4"x4" posts, 2"x4" rails, and =
1/2"
| copper balusters. For reasons I won't go into, the spacing between =
the
| posts is not equal for each section of railing (i.e., some distances
| between posts are 44.25", while others are 46", etc.).
|
| Aesthetically, is it more important to maintain the same O.C. =
spacing
| between balusters for all sections of the railing (e.g., all =
balusters
| are 5" O.C.) or is it more important to maintain equal baluster =
spacing
| within a section of the railing (e.g., a 44 1/4" span would result =
in a
| baluster spacing of 4.76" while a 32.25" span would result in a
| baluster spacing of 4.41")
|
| Thanks,
| Dave

|=20
|=20

Watch the spacing as a child (if there are any about) could stick its =
head thru and get stuck.
This usually causes a lot of anguish, and fuss.

You might want to keep the spacing at or below 4" to avoid =
recriminations. Some codes actually spell out what the spacing can be.

When putting in the balusters, start in the middle of the span to mark =
them and let the small discrepancies fall near the 4X4's.

--=20
PDQ