Wood Butcher

I used copper pipe for balusters on my deck and, as many have
noted, I put the short spaces next to the posts. They eye never
notices the difference. I can post some pics if you want.

Art

"Zimmer" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm constructing a deck railing with 4"x4" posts, 2"x4" rails, and 1/2"
copper balusters. For reasons I won't go into, the spacing between the
posts is not equal for each section of railing (i.e., some distances
between posts are 44.25", while others are 46", etc.).

Aesthetically, is it more important to maintain the same O.C. spacing
between balusters for all sections of the railing (e.g., all balusters
are 5" O.C.) or is it more important to maintain equal baluster spacing
within a section of the railing (e.g., a 44 1/4" span would result in a
baluster spacing of 4.76" while a 32.25" span would result in a
baluster spacing of 4.41")

Thanks,
Dave