David

I've never seen you shy away from a RAS argument before. C'mon...go for it.

Dave

Rumpty wrote:

Rumpty may take issue with this, but IMO they are *not* as accurate as a

table saw.

I'm not getting in the middle of this.....

--

Rumpty

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

In article , Robatoy

wrote:

In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

You've been insisting that radial arm saws are
dangerous, and, by implication, more so than other tools. This is a

position

based more on prejudice than on evidence.

What my opinion is based on is personal experience. I feel way more
comfortable with a table saw than with a radial arm saw.

That's not the same as the inherent safety (or lack thereof) of the tool.

I'm just not big on whirling blades on the end of wobbly little
carriages dangling from floppy arms.

Neither am I. If my RAS had a wobbly carriage and a floppy arm, I'd either

fix

it, or replace it with one that was more solid.

I don't like the concept, lack of accuracy, and inherent danger of a
radial arm saw. I think the whole machine is an answer to the question
nobody asked.

"Concept" is a matter of opinion, and I won't argue with you over that. We

can

agree to disagree there.

"Lack of accuracy" I won't argue with, either. Rumpty may take issue with
this, but IMO they are *not* as accurate as a table saw. And they're more
difficult to set accurately, too.

"Inherent danger" is where you jump off the cliff. Operated with the

proper

care, a RAS is no more dangerous than a TS (and IMO safer for most
operations).

--
Regards,