The Chairman

"cm" wrote in
:

To prevent this in the future you need to caulk the edge of the tape.
Apply a very thin bead to the edge of the tape and then smooth as thin
as possible. We use the cheapest Dap caulking from HD or Lowes. The
caulking must be spread very very thin.

Peel the tape off as you paint. We paint 2' - 3' and peel off the tape
and then paint another 2' - 3' and peel tape.

Seems like a smart idea, although a little labor intensive. We'll try it
next time. Are you in the painting trade? If so, is this a widely used
trick?

However, I like to keep the tape on when I am painting the walls after cut-
in in order to avoid little speckles of paint jumping off the roller.
Perhaps my technique is off?