Gerard Bok

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 06:18:13 -0400, Darmok
wrote:

When I was recently into the back of my Sony KV-27EXR15 set, I saw
some warnings about X-ray radiation exposure. Is there significant
exposure hazard while working on the set from the back? Since the
enclosure is entirely plastic, I would think that you'd be exposed to
x-rays no matter where you were located in relationship to the set,
not just when you opened the back to have a look.

Most television sets are designed to be watched from the
frontside.
And in case someone forgets, there is that warning on the back.

But in practice: if you work on a life color-tv, X-ray radiation
is probably the least of your worries.

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok