Andy

I don't have any experience with hickory, but I do have some opinions
on woodworking catalogs/stores:
leevalley.com has a great selection of good stuff, including mallets,
some scribes, and other hand tools. They're a Canadian company, so be
sure you're viewing the correct currency when you look at their catalog
online.
Other websites/catalogs/stores:
rockler.com
woodcraft.com
highlandhardware.com
mlcswoodworking.com has decent, relatively inexpensive router bits
Amazon.com has a random selection - good for some things, completely
lacking in others, and they have free shipping over $25, and they match
anyone else's published price if they carry the exact same item and
give you 10% of the difference. In my limited experience, they seem to
have a better selection of power tools than hand tools. I got a good
deal on my Dewalt router from their reconditioned site, so keep an eye
on that.
If anyone else has suggestions besides these, I'd like to hear them too!