Doug Miller

In article , Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

[snipped]
The guys who crosses-over a left hand to the right of the blade to hold
a small piece and run the blade with their right hand towards their arm.

Stupid. Very stupid. But not the fault of the tool.

*sigh* That was my point. Now try THAT move with a table saw.

Not relevant. It's a stupid thing to do. You can make similar stupid moves on
a table saw. So what? That doesn't mean that radial arm saws are dangerous. It
means that stupidity is dangerous.

[snip]
SawStop aside, please explain how the safety aspect does *not* rest

entirely
on the operator with a table saw. Or with a band saw. Or with any other tool,
for that matter.

I'd be arguing against my own position. Why would I do that?

Perhaps then you could explain what you meant, when you said that the safety
of a RAS rests entirely with the operator.

Have you read ANYHING I wrote?

Indeed I have. Have you? You've been insisting that radial arm saws are
dangerous, and, by implication, more so than other tools. This is a position
based more on prejudice than on evidence.

--
Regards,