Dave Plowman

Default Acrylic Sheet

In article ,
Peter wrote:
I have been given some 4mm acrylic of the type used for signs. Great I
thought I can use this for all sorts of things... that is until I tried
to cut it. How do you do it, I've tried a hacksaw and tenon saw, etc -
it either cracks or melts. Any suggestions welcome.

If it is Perspex or its equivalent, I've not had any trouble cutting it.
I've used hacksaws and jigsaws, but used slowly, with the work well
supported. I think some acrylic sheet isn't as forgiving.

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn