Rebecca

Thanks everyone. I think we have cracked it - using an eraser is doing
the job, slowly!

Luke wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:02:15 GMT, "Retiredff"
wrote:

Luke wrote:
On 12 Jun 2005 10:47:50 -0700, "Rebecca"
wrote:

We had no problem removing the strips from 3 of the arms (they just
peeled off anf didn't leave a mark) but one arm gets quite a lot of
sun in the morning and this is proving impossible to remove.

We have scraped off what we can but this has still left a lot of
sticky residue mess that needs to be removed. Does anyone have any
ideas?
For cleaning, I think any solvents like mineral spirits, Goo-Gone,
acetone, etc. may affect the dye and should not be used.

Try lifting the stickum off with scotch or other tape. Press tape
down, lift off rapidly. Padding at it works well.

If that doesn't do it, try saddle soap, and if that doesn't work, try
leather cleaners followed by a leather conditioner, If none of that
works, call the manufacturer or look in the yellow
pages for a furniture restorer. Luck!

Rather then risk damage/stains, etc., from trying various things, it would
seem the best first option would be the manufacturer.

Yes, or the retailer, though of course trying to "lift" with tape, and
especially saddle soap, leather cleaner and leather conditioner will
not damage leather as they are made for leather.

--
Luke
"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question
-- George W. Bush, July 26, 2001