John Fields

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:32:48 -0400, John Popelish
wrote:

John Fields wrote:
(snip)

While the boiling point of water is dependent on pressure, the
freezing point, I believe, is not.

At least, not to a great extent. I don't have any data to support
that position, but I'd love to see some, if it's out there.

If you are willing to consider extreme conditions, not only does the
freezing point change, but there are many ice phases, each
structurally distinct and with temperature and pressure boundaries.
http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/water/phase.html

---
Interesting.

Thanks, John!

BTW, from another thread and just as an aside, I went over to my
friend's sign shop and checked some known-good neon sign transformers
using the same meters I used to check the ones I have here, and it
turns out my transformers are defective. :-(

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer