Pufter Pufter is offline
Member

Location: Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_765
Any of you lot struggled fitting plastic guttering fittings together. Try
spaying with silicon lubricatining. Works like a dream. Don't get it one
your hand, no grip.
Why is the squareline stuff I have on my house so damned hard to get the clips to click into place? Mine started leaking badly at a joint recently. It appeared the long straight section was cut just too short to clip it back together (previous fitter must have got away with it by the skin of his teeth). I therefore added a few inches by cutting the straight piece in the middle & joining the two pieces with a connecting piece. This was all above my head (no ladder stand offs) & one handed - the other was firmly gripped on the ladder which had to be at quite a shallow angle. After a couple of hours & painful fingers I got 3 of the 4 clips in - the last one is round the back & there is no way I can use my fingers to get this to clip in. It drips slightly so I used silicone sealer to fill the gap. Is there a knack to forcing the clips to pull the two pieces together (& compress rubber seal) or do I just have weak fingers?