Dave Baker

Owain wrote in message
Dave Baker wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote
a few dozen 4l tubs of ice cream would not do wonders for my already
not-too-elfin figure.
Can anyone suggest a source?

Not sure what you consider cheap but the other week I spotted some clear
plastic food storage containers in Tescos

I know Tesco recycle 80% of all their cardboard and plastic, but their
delicatessen counter might have tubs from the wholesale delivery of
coleslaw etc sold loose.

Sandwich and pizza take-aways might also be worth approaching as they
tend to buy pre-made ingredients to comply with food hygiene regulations.

Owain

Oh, that's a damn good idea. Similarly my local Budgens does Indian meals at
the deli counter and all the meat dishes come in big square plastic tubs of
maybe 5 or 6 litres. They usually serve from the bowls on the counter but
quite often they've had to get another tub from the stores for me so I've
seen what the food originally arrives in a few times. I bet all those get
chucked once they're empty. Memo to self for tomorrow evening's trip to buy
bread to ask them about it.
--
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk)