BigWallop

"John" wrote in message
My brother has in his dining area a central light and two wall lights.

They
snipped
My thoughts a
Red to C (then strapped to other C)
Black to L2 (on the same switch as the T&E Red)
Grey single to the other L2.

Is this correct? If not could somebody help please, I do not want to

spend
all night at my brothers listening to SIL saying "Is it done yet?"

Cheers

John

You really do need a meter, or at the very least a mains tester
screw-driver, for this one. The single core cable may be the supply to the
switch, and not the red in the two core cable at all. This really should be
checked first to find out for sure. Of course, you could check it by asking
SIL to hold it while you turn it on at the fuse box (consumer unit). :-)

But, other than the check for the correct constant feed wire, the rest of
your wiring scheme sounds fine.