Richard Caley

Default IE - RIP

In article , David W E Roberts (dwer) writes:

dwer As with most things 'Microsoft', Outlook Express was bought in from an
dwer outside company because it was so far superior to anything M$
dwer had in house.

Indeed, the many people who praise or attack M$ as a technology
company completely miss the point. M$ started out as a technology
company, producing Basic for personal 70s computers for instance, then
got handed an amazing marketing base for their **** poor CPM clone
when it was adopted by IBM. Since then they have been an amazingly
sucessful marketing company, buying in technology and turning it into
sucessful products.

This is why they have such a bad record on security and stability. The
fundementals of most of their products are not theirs and in any case
their business model doesn't allow them to do more than beat about
with the surface bits and get it out the door.

dwer I presume that the mail/news agent of choice in future will be Outlook?

From a statement I read it looks more like they would like to persuade
people to move to web based services like hotmail. The depressing
thing is that there might be enough suckers for this to work. Their
primary goal is to ensure that people become more and more totally
dependent on them. They were really ****ed off when the internet took
off and sank the planned MSN, and have been working towards getting
back on route to the goal of all windows users being trapped into a M$
propriatary online system ever since.

dwer I know it is fashionable to knock all things M$ but OE does seem to work!

Are you a virus writer? :-)

--
Mail me as _O_