David

Actually your plan won't work long term. seasonal movement will open up
the caulked joints, big time. Even if they look good short term,
they'll look like hell with a season or two.

Dave

Patrick Conroy wrote:

"Silk" wrote in news:1118768227.536693.81200
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I talked to a guy who does that for a living as well as a few guys who
just did it in their home.

Sure coping is harder than cutting miters. But learning to right a bicycle
is tougher than learning to cut copes.

If you're going to goop the joints with caulk and paint, and if you pick
material less prone to movement and if you live in a house that's fairly
stable, then your mitered joints will probably be just fine.

I need to do CM in my house and I can pass most of the above caveats. My
approach is going to be to give coping a try for a hour or three. If I
still can't get the hang of it, then I'll miter and goop and paint.