hardlu

Default Urgent !!! pls help on tubing design.

Dear all,
Let say I know after maching, the ID of the tubing would be 6.50, plus
or minus .005, unit is inch. The length is 7.5", how can I choose the
OD of the seamless or welded stainless tubing? Can I check the
reference book to find out OD?

If making the question general, it is "is the tubing standard part - so
that I can define only ID, or OD, then based on this one input, I can
check the handbook to find another one, OD, or ID?
I am assuming the length does not have to be related with the ID/OD?

Is this correct? Thanks a lot.

william.