David

additional info: for tools, all you need is a coping saw and round and
flat files. a dremel tool can get away from you. a SMALL plane can
also be used on the straight portions of the profile to adjust the
bevelled edge to clear the adjacent board.

One book that's handy on the subject: Finish Carpentry - best of fine
homebuilding.

Dave

Silk wrote:

I talked to a guy who does that for a living as well as a few guys who
just did it in their home.
They suggested that since I am an amateur (new homeowner so I am new to
all these DIY stuff), I should not try to cope. My understanding from
them is that a good mitered corner looks like a good coped corner. I
played with some scrap until I got the angles right. The main problem
for me was doing outside bull nose cuts, but I got that right by trial
an error.
All the tips I got from you guys are good. If you can think of any more
little secrets of the trade I am willing to learn. As I said I am still
new at this but it is a lot of fun.