On 11 Jun 2005 08:12:44 -0700, someone wrote:

Point impact will destroy one instantly. One trick rescue/police use
is a spring loaded center punch. One snap and you have gravel.

Indeed. One of the things I have in the center console of my car, is
a belt knife commonly issued to rescue squad personnel, that has a
spring-loaded punch built into the handle for that purpose. I figure
if my car got pranged and jammed the door, if the electricals were out
(car has power windows) I would want to be able to get out of the damn
thing if I needed too.....