"I don't think I'm going to worry about flooding - maybe I was just
over
cautious. Now my only concern is the fact that the foundation was
built on land fill dirt that had only been in place for less than a
year. What's the worse case senerio for a situation like this? Cracks

in the foundation? Can that be fixed? "

You can ask Lowes Home Improvement what the worst case scenario is.
They built a new store on a site here in NJ that had lots of fill under
it that had been there for years. A few months after it opened, the
floor cracked and sunk. It was declared unsafe and the store is now
closed, never to reopen. Over a year later, it's still just sitting
there. I'm not saying this is what usually happens, but clearly if you
don't do things right, it's what can happen.