Banty

In article .com,
says...

"Here in upstate NY, it isn't such a big deal. Except for certain
developments
of McMansions, house vintages are pretty mixed, and turnover is slower
than in
west or Texas where I grew up and my father sold residential real
estate. So
there's not so much looking to what the house values will be just 5
years down
the road... "

And one of the reasons turnover is slower and houses aren't
appreciating as fast is becaue ,amy people are choosing to live in
areas where they don't have to worry about the cheap inter-mixed homes
that lower property values. And those that don't expect to pay less
for any house in an area that's a hodgepodge jumble of nice homes and
run down ones.

You're asserting that people are moving to the West and Florida from here to get
away from the '40s Cape Cods they had bought houses next to?

You're not making sense and really seem to be hung up over this.

I've spoken out that HOA's aren't necessarily a Bad Thing. But that I'd rather
not live in them. One reason is that the rules are made by folks like you who
put a lot of import on nitty-picky things, imagining that the rest of the world
thinks like you.

As to the rest of your post, block busting is real (seen it personally) and the
Manhattan situation is much more complex than you describe.

Banty