Nick

I suppose that it's worth giving Appleby a shot.
To TB's question, I am talking about double pane inulating glass....no gas
inside back then, just two panes with a seal I believe.
I wasn't aware that glass dealers were handling sealed double panes, but it
makes perfect sense. I guess all of the window dealers' incessant marketing
over the years had me thinking every make is unique. Thanks for that advice;
I will go that route if Appleby has nothing to offer. TB and Rusty, thanks
for your inputs...truly appreciated.

"Nick" wrote in message
I have a few 12+ year old double-hung Appleby windows that are gettting
moisture between the panes. They are out of warranty of course, so I think
its either a) live with it b) replacement sashes from Appleby c) new frames
or d) modify the existing sashes to vent the moisture. Recommendations
anyone ?
The last one seems off-the-wall, but I recall that Pellas in a previous
home had small vent holes in the bottom of the sashes and they would fog
up if not cleaned out periodically. I could easily add small vent holes
to the failed Appleby's and sacrifice some thermal efficiency, but at
least be able to see out the windows. Has anyone tried this ?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice on this.