Joey

Harry,

There are a lot of lazy people around. Yes, grass seed will grow in the
South just as well but we might have some types of grass that wouldn't
grow up North. I would suggest you go to Lowes or Home Depot and see
what is available. You won't get instant results like with sod but it
will turn out just fine.

Harry Everhart wrote:
I just moved to Florida from Pennsylvania. In PA - we used to till the
ground - rake it out - and plant grass seed. Down here everyone seems to
use sod. When I asked folks about it - they say grass seed does not grow
here. I have lots of land. I have a rototiller. I would like to till the
ground and plant something to prevent erosion. Any advice - the land is
mostly shaded.