Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" writes:
In article , Andrew Gabriel
wrote:

Sparks never earth back boxes, so it would add time to either connect
it or cut the wire off, neither of which they would otherwise do.
Also, it's another dangly bit to get in the plasterer's way.

Interesting. How about grommets in the cable entry holes?

It probably happens sometimes, but I don't recall seeing
missing grommets much in professional installs.

BTW, I wasn't claiming it was a requirement to always earth
a backbox -- it isn't unless it's exposed somehow.

--
Andrew Gabriel