Martin Angove

In message ,
AlexW wrote:

I have a 6KW multi-fuel stove with ordinary multifuel liner. I am having
some work doing on the front of the house and I thought it might be
time to ensure that the stove has the correct amount of air supply
(according to the regs that is - its a draughty old cottage so
pragmatically...).

Table 2.1 in Part J says...

"Other appliance, such as a stove, cooker or
boiler, with no flue draught stabiliser."

needs

"A permanent air entry opening or openings with a total free area of at
least 550mm2 per kW of appliance rated output above 5kW."

This is 5.5cm2 in my case ... am I getting this right as it seems miniscule?

I think you're mixing up your measurements. Remember that 1cm2 is not
10mm2 but 100mm2 (10mm by 10mm).

Never having done this calculation before, is the regulation stating
that you need 1x550mm2 or 6x550mm2? If the former then is there a
separate regulation for appliances of 5kW and under as otherwise the
regulation seems to imply no air opening is necessary for those.

HTH

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... It all comes down to treating others as you want to be treated.