George

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
I think that we need to develop genetic testing. Find the gene that causes
all these power tool accidents. And then ban everyone who posseses these
genes from ever owning or operating a power tool of any kind. How is that
for a new safety measure?

It's "multiple-cut mesmerization" to me. The ones I've gone on have almost
always been, with the RAS, cutting multiple pieces to length and forgetting
how wide their palm was. With tablesaws, accidents are more frequent, but
usually involve forgetting where their fingers were when ripping multiple
pieces.

My personal worst, to date, was my bandsaw. Turn the saw off, start to
brush dust away. SHEESH! Lucky I can still bend that knuckle.

Now chainsaw accidents, on the other hand - or should I say foot, because
that's been most common, are really grisly....