billh

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:10:38 -0400, "George" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:31:59 -0400, "George" wrote:

snip

(I am probably wrong.. when I saw the cost of vac, I quit learning about
it)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

If you do a bit of researching on the net you will see that you can make a
vac chucking system with very little cost. Use an old freezer compressor for
the vacuum and make a rotating joint with some sealed bearings - the ease of
the rotating joint manufacture depends on what kind of outboard spindle
arrangement you have.
I used an old 2 piston rather large refrigeration compressor but bought a
Oneway rotating joint. I made my own drum chucks out of ABS pipe connectors.
Billh