Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , John_ZIZinvalid
wrote:

Yes. Keep within the ring where possible, and don't cross connect
between both legs, this is better explained in the IEE On-Site guide
with the aid of diagrams.

Yes, that's fully understood, to keep the ring intact. I was going to
parallel the earths though. I suppose not any good reason to, as long as one
of them connects to the back box.

I don't have a copy of the IEE Regs here with me, so cannot state the
exact IEE regulation rule, but there is a rule which states the amount
of spurs you can have on ring, and that spured sockets should not
exceed the amount of sockets which make up the ring.

There will be no spurs. The whole point of doing it this way is to preserve
the ring. If there was any sensible route, I would have taken it back to the
CU, but this will be the next best option.

Your solution of using two single sockets side by side is a good way
of solving the problem, rather than using connectors and one
double/single socket.

With the cost being similar, it seems a nice idea. I'm sure that some use
could be found for the spare sockets once fitted. Just thought. I bet the
tails will be too short to reach the right hand socket. :-(