Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
John_ZIZinvalid writes:

I don't have a copy of the IEE Regs here with me, so cannot state the
exact IEE regulation rule, but there is a rule which states the amount
of spurs you can have on ring, and that spured sockets should not
exceed the amount of sockets which make up the ring.

That's a recommendation in the On-Site Guide only.
It's not part of the Wiring Regulations.

I suspect it is because there are rarely if any spurs on
a newly installed ring, and if you get the the point where
you've doubled the number of points on a ring circuit with
spurs, you really should be looking at rewiring it to meet
your current needs, as the original design is clearly no
longer appropriate to current usage.

--
Andrew Gabriel