John Popelish

Mac wrote:

There are really only two definitions put forth in this thread. One is
that AC refers to all non-zero frequency components of a signal, and DC
refers to the zero frequency (average) component of a signal.

The other camp believes that DC means a current whose direction doesn't
change, and AC means a current whose direction does change.

For me, the fact that a Voltage can be called DC proves that the other
camp is not right, or not entirely right. In fact, the OP was talking
about a DC Voltage. There was no mention of current at all.

When the context is clear, people sometimes use the same word
(especially, informally) to mean one of several different things in
different contexts. The problem with the original post was that the
poster meant the opposite of what most of us would have assumed the
context implied, so we tried to explain that to him. Then he told us
either we were wrong or that it didn't matter, if we were capable of
figuring out what he meant. Some people are harder to help than
others. ;-)