Mac

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:28:49 -0500, operator jay wrote:
[snip]
If you have definitions of AC and DC handy from IEEE or someone, stick
them on here. I'd say that the (apparent) widespread disagreement means
that, functionally, there is no single pervasive definition for these
terms, but it would be interesting to see if some of these bodies have
published definitions. It would be really interesting if they had
definitions, and they didn't quite agree with one another, or if they
were "wishy-washy".

There are really only two definitions put forth in this thread. One is
that AC refers to all non-zero frequency components of a signal, and DC
refers to the zero frequency (average) component of a signal.

The other camp believes that DC means a current whose direction doesn't
change, and AC means a current whose direction does change.

For me, the fact that a Voltage can be called DC proves that the other
camp is not right, or not entirely right. In fact, the OP was talking
about a DC Voltage. There was no mention of current at all.

--Mac