James \Cubby\ Culbertson

I've got a RAS and find it to be very useful, and safe. I don't rip on it
only because I'm used to using my table saw for that. It allows me to cut
miters in an easier fashion than fidling with the miter gauge on the table
saw though. It's invaluable for cutting down stock to length when the
boards are long.
As for keeping it in adjustment, well I have a craftsman from around 1984
maybe and I set it up myself then. Today, not a single adjustment has
needed to be made and it still cuts dead on. Clean it up, plug it in, and
give a go!
Cheers,
cc

"Adam" wrote in message
. 6...
I just bought a used but in beautiful shape old craftsman radial arm saw
and here's what I've learned so far,
It's heavy, I won't ever be moving it alone again.
It starts with a key.
It purrs like a kitten.

Now I just need to learn everything else about it, particularly in regards
to keeping all the parts I was born with attached. Anyone know of any good
books available that cover these saws or have any personal advice they
want
to share?

I believe the saw is from around 1959, it came with some accessories, most
original and new in the box. If anyone's intersted I can post some
pictures
in abpw.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Adam