Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Chris Hodges writes:
nightjar nightjar@ wrote:
Hosepipe ban is simply a convenient handle for the media. All forms of
automatic watering systems are also included. Usually you can still use grey
water, but only by using it to fill a watering can etc.

Including stored rainwater supplied through a trickle irrigation system
on a timer? I wouldn't be surprised - this is sufficiently stupid to
make it onto the statute books - but do you have a reference for the
official text.

Doesn't apply to rainwater. Does apply to water supplied
to you and water you extract from a well/borehole/stream,
even if you already used it once for some other purpose
(and hence it's now regarded as gray).

Can't point you to a statute, but this is what a note from
Three Valleys Water said in the late 1980's when we had a
hosepipe ban for a few years in a row (and they had to keep
refunding my hosepipe license fee).

--
Andrew Gabriel