Andrew Simpson

"David Lang" wrote in message
Hi

I'm having a problem with our Hotpoint Aquarius DF61 dishwasher.

There is a plastic compartment with a sliding cover that you place the
tablet in. Last couple of washes it's not opened, so the wash has only
been with plain water. Leaves a soggy 7/8 of a tablet.

The compartment lid has a sliding spring loaded lid which should release
the tablet. How are these things triggered? Is it a timer or something
to do with the wash cycle?

Haven't got time to take it apart at the moment, is it likely that its
full of soap residue and just needs cleaning?

Dave

Hi David,

Sounds like you have the same problem as my Hoover dishwasher had.
Basically a solenoid fires which causes the soap dispenser to pop open. You
can get the solenoid from an on-line shop which is down in south wales but I
can't remember for the life of me what it was called. You basically send
the bloke a piccy and he will send you out a match. Cost around 5 quid
including postage. Worked a treat till the rest of the dishwasher packed

Andrew.