Larry West

Default Possible washing machine problem

"big al - Peoples Pal" wrote in message ...
"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
a (Dave Baker) wrote in message

It's begun to strike me that my old Hotpoint washing machine doesn't get
collars and cuffs as clean as it did 10 years ago when it was new. Maybe

it's
my imagination or maybe it's just that all my shirts are old and f**ked.

There
are no obvious operating problems so I'm wondering if the water isn't

being
heated to full temp. Years ago I used to use a 40c setting with

perfectly good
results but lately I've started to try 50c with no great improvement.

Of course, if you do your washing with the economy button selected, it
will bypass the heat pause. It won't heat the water no matter what
temprature you select.

Larry