Doctor Evil

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:57:48 +0000, jon wrote:

Looking at the diagram, I'd imagine that C is the most optimal solution.

But
could I get away with either A or B.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/engine...ac1c.jpg&.src=
ph

TIA

I am aware that there are other view points on this matter.

Whilst C is the preferred layout depending on other circumstances B and
even A may work well.

If you have a standing mains water pressure of more 3 bar and up then even
A will work fine. Even if you have only a fair water pressure then
provided that there is a reasonable flow rate then A will still work.
At worst if you have some restriction on the branches to the bathroom and
kitchen A can be made to work well.

As a rule if you can get 15 l/min from the cold taps you should be OK.
Less than that you _may_ be OK.

I hope this may save you tearing your house apart unnecessarily.

The main point is influence of appliances on the showers and DHW. "A" may
mean cold tap turned on seriously affects the shower, "C" may mean the
influence is minimal. You want the line of least resistance to go to the
combi's inlet. Even if a 15mm cold mains pipe, having a 22mm stop cock and
the combi supply in 22mm and the C setup will be good insurance.

Also http://www.bes.ltd.uk sell flow restrictors now. These can be fitted on
supply legs and individual taps. They are about £4 to £5. These could be
used with setup B.