Adam

Robatoy wrote in
:

In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

I know I'm coming perilously close to violating the Usenet Prime
Directive by attempting to inject a dose of reality into a
discussion, but, please, let's at least attempt to be a little bit
objective here.

I wasn't trying to get into a RAS vs TS safety discussion, Doug.
Both can be very dangerous. To get into a ****ing contest about which
one is more dangerous, is futile.

My message to the OP was:
and I quote:
"Be careful, Adam.... concentrate, focus and you'll be fine."

*I* don't like RAS's...and used plenty of them for many years.

Thanks for the advice & opinions everyone (the book will be a definite
purchase Darrell).

The part about the RAS that makes me nervous is that it's just a
different operation than I'm used to - with a circular saw I'm moving
the blade away from me, with a table saw I'm moving the workpiece over a
stationary blade while the RAS has a blade moving towards me. I guess
everyone has certain operations they're more comfortable with on various
equipment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not starting out prejudiced against the RAS (I
wouldn't have bought it if that was the case) I just don't have any
experience with them and there are alot of folks in this group with an
impressive amount of experience (& opinions lol).

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to reply,
Adam