Christopher Tidy

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
snip------

By the way, can anyone summarise briefly explain the advantage of a
two-stage compressor? Do you get better performance at higher pressures?

Best wishes,

Chris

Unless you have need for the higher pressures they generate, I don't think
there are any other benefits. In my mind, it's another way to increase
storage capacity. Regardless of the size of the tank, you have more air
stored for use, so you can get more from a smaller tank. That means you
can use air longer before the compressor kicks in, but that then becomes the
limiting factor. At that point, you're limited to the capacity of the
compressor, the chief reason to not buy one that is undersized for your
needs.

I decided to pass on the small compressor, even though it was rather
nice. If it won't run a die grinder or Cengar saw, I won't find it too
useful. I'm not in any hurry so I'll look out for something which can
supply around 10 CFM, is nicely built and is on a trolley/can be fitted
to a trolley. We'll see what turns up.

I did also see a big twin cylinder BroomWade pump on eBay which I
thought I might be able to build into a decent compressor:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4388266578

I need to keep it fairly compact, which probably means a smaller air
receiver than average. I'll keep a look out and think it over.

Thanks for the advice!

Chris