ok

I'll try this one more time. I know the difference between an expansion
joint and a crack. These are 3 distinct cracks running the width of the
driveway in each case!
They excavated down over 4 inches and as I stated previously the property
is sitting on a gravel/sand base. They used the power compacters, laid
rebar. I'm going to guess the rebar was half inch diameter and the grid
work they attached to it was 4 inch square.
No tree roots.
No ditches.

"G Henslee" wrote in message
JJ wrote:
Almost two weeks ago I had 3,100 sq ft of concrete poured for a driveway

and
apron in front of the garage. I was told to let it cure for 7-10 days
before driving on it. We gave it 9 days before pulling one car into the
garage.

13 days after pouring, I've noticed I have 3 major cracks in 3 separate
sections. The cracks run right through the expansion joints, from one

side
to the other of the drive and are spaced about 20ft apart. They are

about
100ft from the garage and apron sections.

The contractor is coming over this week to check it out and I'm

wondering
what demands I can make to cure this? He has not been paid yet!

What are my reasonable options to fix this?

Thanks,

How thick is it? Were there tree roots before? Any ditches that should
have been compacted? Was there a sand base put in first? is there mesh
in the pour?