Edwin Pawlowski

"R8EDXXX" wrote in message

Within a timespan of 2 minutes the one of the hot
water pipes once again contained condensaiton after it was covered. Is
it normal for copper pipes to sweat, however did this not occur while
the pipe was not covered with the foam insualtion. Can I patch up a
new piece of drywall without insulating the pipes or what is going on.
As far as I know, the insulation is only to keep the pipes insualted
for the hot water. I live in CA so I'm wondering if I should not
insulate them if years from now it will be humidity inside the wall
again. Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

I've never seen condensation on a hot water pipe. Are you sure of this? If
the pipe is colder than the dewpoint of the ambient air, you get
condensation. That is virtually impossible with a pipe that has hot water
running it it. Don't seal up that wall until you figure out what the real
problem is.