David

I'll third that emotion. Learning to cope isn't all that difficult and
you'll (the OP) be proud of your work. Mitered joints will open up.

Dave

Upscale wrote:

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message

I will not be coping the inside corners. I will be using a regular
miter cut.

Using mitered inside corners for CM is an amateur's mistake. You'll get
far better results if you learn to cut a coped joint. It will take
about an hour investment.

He's right Silk. A small cost for a coping saw (type of hand jigsaw) and
you'll be able to make crown molding corner joints that look great. When
people come into your home and see the crown molding, the corners are the
first thing they will look at. And it is a very small investment of your
time to learn how to do it properly. There's a number of small tricks you
can use to speed up the process like scribing with compass.