Oriole1

1. Cope the inside joints (mitering is fine for outside joints).
2. No need to glue the corners if they're properly cut. You *might*
have to use a bit of putty to fill in any gaps (assuming you're
painting afterward).
3. Get another person to assist you in holding the molding up for a
test fit. Then it won't matter so much about center-out/corners-in
nailing. Just make sure you know exactly where your wall studs and
ceiling joists are -- they are your friends!

I put up crown molding in my daughter's room last year (first molding
project), and though it was VERY frustrating at first, I was pretty
comfortable with the process by the end. Good luck! (Buy several
extra feet of molding and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE your coping!).

Silk wrote:
I am about to install crown molding in my house but I have never done
that before. I think I got the cutting part down but I am not sure
about the installation part. Any one has ideas about what the best way
to install them? Is it better to nail it from the corners in or from
the center out? On the mitered corners will nails be enough or should I
glue the corners as well (regular wood glue is good for that)?
If anyone can help I will appreciate it.

Thanks.