Ted B.

I personally have better things to worry about. Thats why I would like an
HOA to worry about it for me. Take some time to consider why you dont see
blocks with wildly varying home values.

What are you talking about? We almost bought a $350K house right next to a
$120K house. I know, because both were for sale, and both were listed
pretty close to fair market value. It was a brand new ~3000SF contemporary
(just built) next to an older ~1600SF Ranch that needed a little TLC. Every
neighborhood I've ever SEEN (while shopping for houses) has houses of WILDLY
varying market values. It's not unusual at all to see the lowest market
value house on a block be some fraction of the highest market value house on
the block. But then, I'd never consider living in an area with an
OA. -Dave