BigWallop

"Alan" wrote in message

"Rob Convery" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message
snip
1) Are these crimps the same blue ones as I use for auto electrical
work?

No - those are for low voltage, multi-strand wire. T&E is not.

You'd need crimps designed for the wire size and current - probably the
yellow coupler type ones, and a proper (ratchet) crimp tool to close

them
properly - not the el cheapo ones which cannot apply enough force.

Alan.

AFAIK there is no difference in contrsuction between the blue/red and
yellow bullets. The only difference is the size of them so I can't see

how
one would be for stranded and another solid. Definatly agree that its
worth getting the proper crimpers if you are going to use them

I though the OP was referring to the "Scotch" or "Snap-lock" type blue
connector often used in car wiring mods, like this:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...1073&doy=13m6D

Alan.

So did I Alan. :-)