Earl Kella wrote:
"Set Square" wrote in message

Your posts are in the public domain, on google no less, along with
headers, detailed descriptions of the problem, history, and stated and
explained intention to commit a crime. Your neighbours also know about
it now, and may or may not talk to the next inhabitant.

You must be dumb as well as dishonest.

NT

As a matter of interest, just how easy/difficult is it to establish the

true
identity of a poster. For example, where would I find the detailed headers
for *this* message? Are they likely to show any or all of:
* my News.Individual.net account ID
* the IP address from which I posted it
* my ISP
* my logon account name
* etc.?
--
Cheers,
Set Square

In the instance for example IF I were to do nothing and sell on to a new
buyer I think it is unlikely that anyone could match these posts with my
real identity. If they new my newsgroup id they may possibly match this
with rough location, but nothing definate. They would then have to get a
solicitor I imagine to approach tiscali for my real name and account
details.

Worst case scenario is that a new buyer moves in, structure collapses
and kills someone, and neighbour is interviewed by Police and advises
that you knew of the problem.
I don't think it would be a problem getting authorisation in that case
to trace your ip address.